Visitors to PetStayAdvisor Pty Ltd (otherwise referred to as “PetStayAdvisor”, “PSA”, “we” “our”, “us”, “site”) have the expectation that the site will provide them with unbiased reviews and content for pet boarding and pet day care facilities. Pet owners who wish to share their personal experiences with the PetStayAdvisor community provide this content. PetStayAdvisor is committed to ensuring the integrity of the content it collects and provides to its global community of Pet Owners and businesses.
"CONTENT" means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, information, documents, compilations, data or other materials.
“PET SERVICES” means any pet care related service that is listed on our site such as dog boarding, cat boarding, pet sitting and doggy day care services.
"SERVICE PROVIDERS/BUSINESSES" means a person who creates or completes PetStayAdvisor’s account registration process and/or claims their business listing via our site.
“CUSTOMER” can also be a “MEMBER”. This means a person who searches for and/or books services via our site or leaves a review regarding services from service providers/businesses about their pets stay.
"LISTING" means a service that is listed by a Business, Customer or service provider via our site.
"MEMBER" means a person who completes PetStayAdvisor’s account registration process and searches for and/or books services via our site, as well as Businesses who register and claim their listings.
"THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS" means PetStayAdvisor’s third party agents, contractors, distributors, merchants or sponsors.
“DOG BOARDING” means Dog Boarding Kennels at a service provider’s property
“CAT BOARDING” means Cat Boarding Kennels at a service provider’s property
“PET SITTING” means Dog or Cat boarding in the owners own residence, or at a Pet Sitters residence, sometimes otherwise known as “Pet Boarding in the home”.
“DOGGY DAY CARE” means Dog Day Care in a service provider’s establishment, or Dog Walking/Services from the owners or service provider’s home or business.
Any attempts to mislead, influence or impersonate a Pet Owner’s experience of the pet boarding business is considered fraudulent, and is subject to penalties. This may include but is not limited to:
- Attempts by an owner or agent of a facility to boost the reputation of a business by:
- Writing a review for their own business, or for any facility the reviewing party owns, manages, or has a financial interest in.
- Utilising any optimisation company, marketing organisation, or third party to submit reviews.
- Impersonating a competitor or pet owner who has used the establishment.
- Offering incentives in exchange for reviews, including discounts, upgrades or any special treatment.
- Asking friends or relatives to write positive reviews.
- Submitting reviews on behalf of others.
- Selectively soliciting reviews (by email, surveys or any other means) only from customers who have had a positive experience.
- Pressuring customers to remove a negative review on PetStayAdvisor.
- Asking customers to remove their reviews in return for a discount or incentive.
- Prohibiting or discouraging customers from posting negative or critical reviews of their experience.
Attempts to damage competitors by submitting a negative review
- Owners and agents of owners should NOT write reviews of direct competitors, even if they are relaying a genuine experience of a pet boarding/sitting service.
We ask all our customers to tick a box to confirm that they have read and agree to our disclaimer and will adhere to our review policy:
PetStayAdvisor Pty Ltd wishes to ensure that reviewers are not affiliated in any way with the establishment they are reviewing. By checking this box, you certify that you are not employed by the establishment, are not related to anyone employed there, and do not otherwise have a business or personal relationship with the owners or managers of this establishment or a competitor that might bias your review. In addition to being a violation of our terms of service and an unethical practice, committing fraud on reviews is also prohibited by the law and regulations in many jurisdictions.
This document was last updated on 26th April, 2015
Copyright © 2016 PetStayAdvisor Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.